Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First water lily bloom this summer

Posted by happy.in.my.garden none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 11, 13 at 16:24

Just wanted to share a photo of the first water lily to bloom this summer for me. It's Lemon Mist (hardy) and one of three lilies I ordered this spring from Dragonfly Aquatics. Thanks for taking the time to have a look. Kathie

This post was edited by happy.in.my.garden on Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 16:22

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First water lily bloom this summer

Very nice!!

o

Thanks, glad you like it...I'm really happy with this flower. I think the color is so soft and pretty...I can hardly wait for more blooms to open. Kathie

o

How pretty. I don't know where you are located, but I have pads just coming up so it will be a while before I have flowers.

o

Hi pashta, I live in Central West Virginia... our weather warmed up pretty early here this year, so I think that's why my lilies are taking off so well. I'm still waiting on the other two to send up buds though, but when they do I'll be sure to post pictures.

Thanks for your kind comment by the way and I look forward to seeing pictures of your blooms. Kathie

o

Well here's one while you wait! Happy Water Gardening! I believe it's called Pink Beauty.

Here is a link that might be useful: makemoneygardening.org

o

Hi gardener1, I'm really loving the colors coming through on your bloom...it's very pretty! Kathie

o

• Posted by karalynn z9 FL, Inverness, Ci (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 12:53

What pretty blooms! I've had three blooms so far this year but have had a hard time seeing due to all the parrots feather. Here's one of the flowers.

o

karalynn, This is very pretty...all of the green parrot feather really sets off the lily bloom. Kathie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here