Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbhoneybee63_gw

Name that fry....

mbhoneybee63
13 years ago

I have a new 9X12 pond, 3ft at it deepest and by my math skills (which are not the best) approx 1500 gallons. We finished our pond in May and began introducing plants and fish just afterwards. Now, here we are and it's the 4th of July. We have already experienced the green soupy water of the first month and have moved on to decently clear water. After the first loss of a pinkish looking fantail comet to either a raccoon or heron and subsequent netting and "scarecrowing" the pond, we are now proud parents to 4 koi, 1 comet and 1 shubunkin until.....we noticed some newbies swimming around. There are 3 brown fry and 1 orange, white with a little black fry darting around and growing pretty quickly. Any idea what they might be? I'm pretty sure they just "came with" the plants I bought.

The koi were only about 6 inches when we bought them and the comet was a bit bigger so I guessing none of them are the proud parents of my new additions.

Thanks for any help, all of this is new to me, but I have learned so much off of this site over the last year while planning and building our pond. You are all so informed!

Melissa

Comments (2)