Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cherokee_joeshoeboot

Kenzen Koi Food

Have any of you ever used Kenzen Koi food?? If so would you recommend it?

Comments (11)

• ademink
    10 years ago

I've never used it. I know that isn't helpful at all but I didn't want you to think anyone is ignoring you. lol

I used PondRx food - has 2 different sizes of pellets - have for years.

• cliff_and_joann
    10 years ago

We've been using Rise pond fish food, purchased at Agway
    it's 50 pounds for about 26.00 ...We have been using this for
    over ten years...Our fish love it.

• coxy
    10 years ago

My Koi have done so well on Hikari that I'm never tempted to switch. As with anything else, you get what you pay for.

• cherokee_joeshoeboot
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Kensen Koi food is expensive. $75 for 10 lbs. plus shipping. Just was wondering if it's worth it.

• tuder96
    10 years ago

Interesting subject there. i would say it's kind of like the ole rocks on the bottom or not. I know members of the club who pay 7-8 bucks a pound for their food, they have Japanese koi from breeders who specialize in high quality koi. at a recent BBQ a well respected breeder of koi mentioned that a lot of the time we are over feeding our koi and not just in quantity but in protein content seems they can only use just so much and they then get FAT not only big. We all want big but not fat. Huge fat fish have more internal organ problems and die younger he went on to say..I personally cant see spending 100 bucks for a bag of koi food I go with the cheaper stuff., but I also feed them citrus and fresh veggies.

Here is a link that might be useful: koi club

This post was edited by tuder96 on Fri, Aug 16, 13 at 12:21

• Catvision
    10 years ago

Good post Tuder - thanks for the info. I've been feeding my koi / goldfish about 3x per week with dry fish kibbles and they really seem to like it - they gobble it up in about 2-3 min.
    Exactly what kind of citrus and veggies do you feed and how often? Mine would probably like and benefit from the variety and nutrients.

• cliff_and_joann
    10 years ago

We feed our koi a couple/few times a day with the pond fish food.
    Our koi are sixteen years old, big, but not fat. They are also extremely
    active and healthy.
    But, it's whatever makes you feel good. I feel good paying 26.00
    for 50 lbs of food. We also dig up earth worms a couple of times a week.
    They love worms and they're high in protein.

• cliff_and_joann
    10 years ago

We feed our koi a couple/few times a day with the pond fish food.
    Our koi are sixteen years old, big, but not fat. They are also extremely
    active and healthy.
    But, it's whatever makes you feel good. I feel good paying 26.00
    for 50 lbs of food. We also dig up earth worms a couple of times a week.
    They love worms and they're high in protein.

• tuder96
    10 years ago

Oranges they love oranges and watermelon and peas I would advise being somewhat careful some foods aren't good for them for a nice comprehensive list the link will take you to the listing

Here is a link that might be useful: poison plants

• CapnBill
    10 years ago

I have been feeding Kenzen Koi food for 2.5 years now and discovered so many benefits over all other foods. Kenzen Koi is superior at so many levels.

It is made from high quality human grade ingredients. All of which are very digestible with NO fillers. So digestible, it results in 80% less waste compare to other Koi foods. No Corn.

Kenzen can be feed to your Koi year round even during Winter. Last winter I fed the Koi through Fall and into Winter down to a 'water' temperature of 36*F. (Reports from other users are also stating this or even in colder water) --- Finally, a food that we can feed during the winter and all year.

The High Protein mentioned is a very digestible type protein. Which permits them to assimilate it and be more active in even colder water. It builds more muscle mass and little fat if any.

My whites are bright and the nutritional ingredients permits me to feed less if I want and still know they are getting more beneficial nutrition because no fillers are added.

Click on the link to learn more about Kenzen Koi Food.

Here is a link that might be useful: Koi Pond Food .com

• crazy4koifish
    10 years ago

Cliff and joann..just curious..what brand of fish food do you feed your koi and have you ever had any fish problems over the years, not from food, but in general?

Read up about the Kenzon food...sounds like great stuff..
    wish I would of been feeding my fish that food all these years...

crazy4koifish

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022