Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robin1916

holes in arrowhead leaves

robin1916
10 years ago

Greetings!

Last summer/early fall I asked about converting an in ground pool into a pond. (I personally thought it was folly, but dh wanted to do it anyway and proceeded ahead.) He now has an 18,000 gallon pond.

Several tiny test goldfish and one koi survived the winter in water that was totally unbalanced! He now has several goldfish and koi and several kinds of plants ... some that surprised us by blooming. I especially like watching the dragonfiles zipping in and out of the plants and over the waterlilies.

His tiny arrowhead that he put in the pond in May are now a good 2.5-3 feet tall and were looking GORGEOUS! They looked like anything you would have seen in a nursery or plant catalog. Almost overnight they developed holes in the middle of the leaves. I've been researching for him what could possible be doing this and have hit a brick wall.

Any ideas? Larvae of some sort? A worm? Disease? Please don't tell me it's the beautiful dragonflies laying eggs that have hatched and are now eating the leaves.

Any help would be most appreciated!
Robin in NC

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio