Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbhoneybee63_gw

Things are not always what they seem????

mbhoneybee63
13 years ago

I'll try to keep this short...

Had a the biggest hail/wind and torrential rain storm I have seen in a decade on Sunday. Tore up everything in my garden and pond. Lily pads,canna and lotus leaves completely shredded...and on and on! Just awful to see all your hard work and energy (not to mention the shear beauty of it)be destroyed in 10 minutes. Anyway, noticed the watercress I had that had been growing quite well on my waterfall looked pretty beat up. Hadn't had time with work and all to take a closer look at it until today. Decided I was just going to yank it because it looked so bad, and to my surprise it is covered w/ small lime green caterpillars. I also have quite a large area in my yard devoted to butterflies (nectar and host plants) but have never heard of watercress being a host plant. Any idea what I could be killing? They have stripped the leaves clean, so if they are butterfly larva they are not going to survive. If they are something else, I don't want them moving on to any of my other plant. The hail has caused enough damage! :) Sorry, I don't have a picture at this point. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Melissa

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus