Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zelda_matelda

Toad Story

zelda_matelda
13 years ago

Awhile back I posted about having lots of toad eggs in my pond and, getting rid of most of them. I received a lot of rather mean responses about getting rid of them. And responses about how cute they were, how it was nature, how it was so nice to go to sleep listening to them, etc., etc., etc.

Well, I explained before my reasoning, but not many seemed to warm up to the fact that I didn't want to 'watch' my every move because of toads around. So, just about 30 minute ago, I was weedeating, and yes, you can tell where this is going.

I weedeated a teenager toad and it sliced its mouth to a point that some internal organs were dangling out of its mouth. I didn't know WHAT do to. It was trying to hop around with some organ dangling out of its mouth. It wasn't going to live, I could not stand to see it. I didn't have any of that super sleeply snake oil stuff I've heard you ponders talk about so I put some cool water in a baggie with ice, put the poor toad in there and put it in the freezer. All WHILE CRYING!

So now, it has ruined my 4th of July to have a bleeding toad in my freezer, probably still not dead, and I have to face it AGAIN, to put it in the trash on Tuesday.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!