Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earwig225

Questions installing 1st pond

Earwig225
9 years ago

Hello,

I am looking to put in a pond for my 2 geese. I am planing on 8x10 with a depth of 18". With a small creek / waterfall, I've calculated 1200 gallons effective pond volume.

My questions are:

I figure since geese add quite of organic material to the water, I am going to need a bottom drain to pressurized filter and a skimmer set up. Is it possible to run both of these off 1 pump? Could I plumb the 2 filters together and use ball valves to balance the suction? Maybe add vacuum gauges to each line?

I am worried that on my planned pond the pump required (2400GPH) to run both filters and then discharge out of the waterfall would create a pond with water movement / turbulence like that of a hot tub. Any ideas?

Is 18" to shallow for a pond? I just want it deep enough for the geese to be able to swim a little. I am not planning on having fish because I think the geese would mess with them.

Thanks for the help guys! I don't want to go to all the work and expense to build a pond and have a mess on my hands. Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio