Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
taklbox98146

New pond rebuid pic

taklbox98146
11 years ago

Well have had my pond for about 9 years...Have not been able to do a complete cleaning for last 4 or 5 years and with all the leaves from trees, the water was not so clean. I have never lost fish, but this year about 15 or so. Thought it was racoons, but now think it was combination of water quality and also a broken glass gazing ball in bottom. So pruned the trees and emptied pond. Didnt realize there was glass in the bottom and accidentally found I puncture the liner on the bottom. Couldnt find leak, but after putting almost 5000 gallons of water in three times I ordered new liner. Finally reinstalled and didnt disturb surrounding are too much. Fish should be back in next week and will be much happier. They have been in a 300 gallon tank for a week already. Expensive cleaning cost me almost 700 when said and done, but I love my pond and I am sure the fish want their 5000 gallon home back.

Comments (3)

• taklbox98146
    Original Author
    11 years ago

putting in new liner. what a chore

• annedickinson
    11 years ago

Yes, it is a big chore and it looks like it was well worth it. I'm sure your fish will be delighted with their new home!!

Good job. Lovely Pond. Looks like you need to pull that fish watching chair over to the pond!!!

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

I had to redo my pond this year too! I LOVE my pond and am sure you will feel the same way with yopurs now that it is back up and running...Enjoy!!! Lovely Pic!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting