Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pond auto fill devices

Posted by davescotta Eastern WA z6 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 19, 08 at 12:57

Have any of you used toilet tank innereds to auto-fill your pond? If so, how practical is the 1/4 inch fill tube for a 1500 gallon pond? I'm guessing it wouldn't be big enough. If you have a pond that size, do you have an auto-fill device of some sort? If so, what have you used? Thanks...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pond auto fill devices

we have one, and it's exactly as you say: toilet tank innards. i'll ask my husband what the details are, but our pond is much smaller than yours, probably around 200 gallons. before then, we had a drip line that came on with the watering system kicked in.

-ming

o

My DH mounted a stock tank filler bought at Tractor Supply to work on the pond.

Since we live in Florida and have dry times of the year,we used it for when we went away for over a month. Seemed to work nicely as the we were told we did not get rain while we were gone and the pond was still full

o

• Posted by horton 6 b Ontario. (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 19, 08 at 17:06

Check the link below for auto fillers.
"Horton"

Here is a link that might be useful: Auto Fillers

o

What does DH stand for? LMAO....I think I know but...My head is always in the gutter...so just acknowledge me and I'll keep laughing to myself LOL.....Dave

o

I hope this doesn't constitute advertising (which is not allowed), but I have successfully used the Laguna float valve in my pond. It has done an excellent job of maintaining the water level exactly where I want it and is not expensive. I cut into a water line that feeds well water to a hose bib near the pond attaching it with a small diameter flexible pvc line and a "T" connector. This eliminates the need for me to treat the water. The tricky part is positioning it so it maintains the water at the level desired. I sandwich it between the liner and a rock at the edge of my pond in an inconspicuous place. It is widely available so you should have no trouble finding one locally or online. Just Google "Laguna float valve". One word of caution, the little rubber disc that serves as the seal comes off easily, so you may want to glue it in place.

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 20, 08 at 10:54

Dave, it stands for darling (or dear) husband...when things are going well at the homestead. Otherwise, continue using your wonderful imagination. :D

Brenda

o

so i think it depends on how much is evaporating from your pond every day. if you have a low to moderate surface area to volume ratio, i think you'd be fine in maintaining what's lost...not for filling your pond, though. we use a garden hose with an adapter to a quarter inch tube and it hardly turns on.

-ming

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here