o
free koi (n. reading, massachusetts)

Posted by chironow MA (chironow@tiac.net) on
Tue, Aug 26, 08 at 13:22

Subject: *Free Koi
Name: Michelle
Date Posted: Aug 26, 08 - 12:59 PM
Email: chironow@tiac.net
I have been raising domestic Koi as a hobby in my back yard for over 10+ years now. (The year before last I gave away huge koi as they were outgrowing my pond that is 10'x20'x2') Before I gave the big ones away though, they managed to spawn again and now I'm left with about 30-40 koi that range in size from 3-6 inches long. They are very healthy. I need to find someone who will take them all and give them a nice home. I live on the north shore in North Reading, MA. If you are willing to pick them up and take all, they are free to good home. Kindly contact me via e-mail if interested. Thanks, Michelle
e-mail: chironow@tiac.net

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: free koi (n. reading, massachusetts)

Thank you, that's a very kind offer, too bad I'm in NY.

Craig's List may be a better place to find them a new home.

o

I have been working on restocking my pond and was wondering if you still have Koi looking for a home. We had 25 at one point and 21 have fallen victim to blue herron. It has been very frustrating but we have finally devised a method to protect the pond from this predatory bird and would like to restore the pond to its prior elegance with suitable Koi.

The pond is 5500 gallons, 2-4'deep and is 100% natural biofilter. It would make a great home for larger Koi. We have had up to 7 out of 25 that grew to 16+ inches. We had some inital success breeding but frogs have put and end to that success. Such is nature.

In any event, if you still have KOI looking for a home, we are in Topsfield.

Regards,

Norman

o

You might try to email the OP directly seeing as the message is almost a year old. Doubtful she is reading the boards everydday to follow that old thread.

good luck!

o

Looking for koi lost all mine over winter. Had them for 10 years if anyo
ne has any looking for good home I wOod likk to have them thank u

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here