Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a Reliable Solar Fountain/Pond Pump

Posted by hoosierquilt z10a/23 Vista Calif (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 13:43

I am trying to find a decent solar pump that I can use in a water feature that is really hard to run electric to. It is a rather large pot, about 3' tall, 3' wide, that we have sitting on an Atlantic Fountain basin. I want the water to bubble over the top, spill down the sides, then recirculate. We have it actually all set up, and ran an extension cord to make sure it works, which is does. But, in actually surveying our yard, and where this pot fountain sits, it would mean having to tunnel under two very nice (and expensive) flagstone walkways. We're afraid of the soil eventually washing away under the walkways where we'd have to tunnel under, thus undermining the walkways and eventually causing then to crack. Not an appealing prospect. So, the alternative is a good quality solar pump that can pump up at least 4'. Can anyone recommend a reputable company AND a pump that is decent and will last? Thanks!

Patty S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a Reliable Solar Fountain/Pond Pump

I am interested in this as well. We have a small basal column and I refuse to dig up the pathway to run electricity to it. I'd love to find a powerful enough solar pump under $100, but I've looked everywhere.

o
RE: Looking for a Reliable Solar Fountain/Pond Pump

• Posted by steiconi 12b-Big Island, HI (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 17, 14 at 17:21

Somebody in my water garden club put together a solar panel and water pump bought on Amazon for about $150. They've been real happy with it. I keep forgetting to get the details from him.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here