Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
craigger7

Mysterious fish?!?

Craigger7
11 years ago

When I was young, my uncle would take me on many fishing trips. He would comment as we passed a small pond on how big the fish was in that pond. When I asked how the fish got there? He told me that many times nature finds a way. Birds that land in nearby ponds inhabited with fish would sometime get fish eggs stuck to their feathers and feet. When they landed in another pond, the eggs would drop off. I never really thought this would happen in my backyard pond. About a month ago I posted how surprised I was when I found baby koi in my pond. I did see very small little guy, but thought nothing of it. As most of you know, some baby koi, called Tobies, will eat their sibling and grow considerable bigger. I just figured this tiny fish was a remant of the original spawn. Over the weeks of watching the baby koi, I noticed a difference. This tiny fish did not take on the torpedo appearance of the other baby koi. Many birds come to my stream to bath. In fact when I outside and my waterfall is off, I see them standing on the dry stones yelling at me. Please look in the lower portion of the picture. Is this a runt? He seems to be a schooling fish. Ty

Craig

Comments (4)