Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
froggedd

Lily's tail

frogged
12 years ago

Need thoughts about this fish tail. It's name is Lily and until this summer had lived in aquariums about 3-4 years first a 10gal at my niece and nephews,( where it got the name) then a tank that was a bow front tank that was about 4 feet long, 1 to 1.5 feet wide and three feet deep give or take this was at my moms house. It is my Moms fish and when she visits my house she will go and visit Lily and talk to her. When she was in the aquarium she was very active and suspected of eating several neon type fish. From the beginning of putting her into the pond she has never been very active, and I think the bent tail may have happened when she was moved between houses although I have no proof of this. There were three small sarasas and a shubumpkin when she moved in but only one of the sarasas made it. At moms request as she worried about lily being lonely I got a bigger shubumpkin to keep her company. Unfortunately this fish just wanted to bully lily so there was a bit of chasing going on and she didn't want to play. (not as rough as spawning just chases) This stopped when the surviving sarasa got big enough to play with the shubumpkin. This past week I was concerned about her, I couldn't see lily around, today I found her under the bridge, so I thought I would try and snap a couple pics and ask for your thoughts as to her tail. Do you think this may be an injury that healed poorly or somthing else going on. The first two show her pond mates and lily they don't normaly swim together but they decided to pose for me I guess. In her solo pics she is not swimming she is floating still. Thanks

{{gwi:228151}}{{gwi:228153}}{{gwi:228155}}{{gwi:228157}}{{gwi:228158}}

Comments (3)