Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pagirlmint

Small pond plants?

pagirlmint
12 years ago

Ok so, I got bored the other day & decided the front yard needed a pond It started out as a little watering hole for the ducks, then I remembered I hate the ducks & they already have a much larger pond we dug just for them last summer. Plus they made the water dirty (duh, didn't think of that!) & I dunno about you but I don't want to be looking out the front door at a hole full of muddy water. So I evicted the ducks, put up a 'fence' of old wood framed windows, ripped out the pond, reshaped it & put it all back in, it's better now

But...now I have this little pond, protected by a fence no less & it's bare as all get out, DH was like "And the point of this was?" I personally like it bare, but he's not giving in, so I have to put something in it. It only holds (from my guesstamate) like 18-20ish gallons of water & gets direct overhead sun from about 2-5pm, so I don't think any fishes would love it too much. Any ideas for plants that will stay (or can be weeded to stay) in a small pond that can handle moderate pennsylvania (zone 6a) sun?

Oh & the liner is a large shower curtain (the kind that go on wrap around showers) folded in half, I realize that it will probably need to be replaced next summer, but I don't mind.

(xposted)

Comments (3)