Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vieja_gw

Beckett Algaecure Algaecide .. anyone use?

vieja_gw
10 years ago

This spring the water in my older 250 gal. in-ground pre-form pond began to look green & cloudy. I used the Beckett Algaecure Algaecide in the 8 oz. bottle as directed with the three old goldfish still in the pond. The next morning it was crystal clear... unbelievable & fish fine! It has stayed clear all summer even though the short green algae that clings to the sides was there a bit (the fish like to nibble at that!) ... no string algae at all all summer! I have a pump that circulates the water through a home-made skippy filter for around 6 hours a day. Just this week (hot, humid,rain... RARE for here!) there have been some big clumps of the thick algae around the plant pot tops. We have some huge toads that have taken up the small pond at night for mating this year & leave eggs, then tadpoles in the pond... any relation to the clear pond this year I wonder? I want to try the product again but can't remember where I purchased it locally...any ideas? Also can't find a local store that sells my favorite fish food: 'TopFin' goldfish floating variety pellets. I like them as they stay floating for a long while? Need store name sources in the Albuquerque, NM area.
Thanks for any ideas/help!

Comment (1)