Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wteo_gw

What Size of Pump do I need?

wteo
11 years ago

Here are some relevant details about my pond. I need help to get the right size of pump to do the job without overkill. I want the most energy efficient brand/model.

House is on a gently slopping ground and three ponds are located along the house connected by a narrow stream. Current pump (12 years old) is made by G.E. and it's rated as 1.5 HP; it's an external pump, located near the middle pond but it pumps the water from the bottom pond to the 3rd top pond where the waterfall is. When the top most pond overflows it goes into the middle pond which then overflows into the bottom pond, via a stream. Current pond produces lots of water but its self-priming ability is lost and it is an energy hog. Height from bottom pond to waterfall is 12 feet high, and the distance is 80 feet and there are 4 bends. Size of bottom pond is 20'x10'x2.5', and I estimate it contains 4,000 gallons.

Is this pump enough to do the job?

http://www.123ponds.com/02667.html

I am open to any energy efficient brand/model. Appreciate any help. Hope I've given the needed info. Thanks a million.

Wesley

Comments (3)