Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ademink_gw

Pond Netting for Leaves and Installation Ideas

ademink
13 years ago

I need leaf netting for my pond and a VERY low-maintenance way to install it since I'm mechanically challenged and will only have it up while leaves are dropping.

I need a 25x30' piece for my main pond and another 10' piece for my waterfall area (directly under a redbud tree...oh joy).

My goal:

*Install w/o killing myself or others

*Figure out how to keep it far enough off the ground so squirrels, opossum, raccoons, birds, cats, etc aren't found stuck in it in the morning when they come for their beverages (not to mention that my massive bullfrogs need room to move)

*not spend a major fortune

Ok...is this doable? lol

I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and get the pricier kind w/ grommets for the main pond and just slide the grommets over pieces of rebar driven into the ground w/ some sort of "stop" to keep it from sliding lower than a foot or something.

Any thoughts/experience....and where can I get one like that for the least expense?

Thanks in advance!!!

Andrea

PS Think I could swing a 28x28 for the main pond...seems to be a more standard size

PPS I've seen the build-yer-own pvc canopies...ummm....not so much....I envision Lucy and Ethel...

Comments (4)