Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teri904

Free Baby Koi in Okla.

teri904
13 years ago

I have free baby koi from this summer and larger koi that was born two summers ago that are over 12 inches long, also (I think that are called) black crow. I'm over stock and need to find good homes for these koi. I'm in the Francis, Okla. area not far from Ada, Byng Okla. if interested email me at teri904@cableone.net

Comments (9)

• ponderpaul
    13 years ago

Glad to see another semi-southern Okie on a forum. We are in Kingston.
    We run up to our favorite fish farm, Enslees at Connerville (half way between Ada & Tishomingo) every now and then just to drool and visit. Already have more fish than I need but sure do enjoy looking, just might see that fish or water plant you can't live without.
    Enslee babies
    {{gwi:219508}}

• teri904
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Always nice to meet another Oklahoman here on this forum they are a few of us. Nice looking koi and your water is so clear. With being over stock this summer I have had a hard time keeping my water clear. Never been to Connerville but have heard a few people talk about the place.

• ponderpaul
    13 years ago

I wish! The pic is from the fish farm. They have continuous flowing, clear, cold spring water in all of their small holding tanks.

• nkm56
    13 years ago

There are several Okies on this board.

If there are koi or water garden societies in your area, check with them to see if anyone is interested in your fish. You can try running an ad in your local newspaper, but I suggest you ask a nominal fee, a couple of dollars, or ask what they plan to do with them. Some people will take small koi or goldfish to use as bait. Craig's list is another option.

Black crows seem popular, and some koi people consider them "good luck", so you'll probably be able to find homes for those with little or no trouble.

• teri904
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks...no koi or water garden societies around our area that I know of. I have it posted on my facebook the ones I know that want the koi they are free but if I dont know them there is a small fee. I have thought about the paper and craig's list just havent done it yet. Thanks for the help :o)

• ponderpaul
    13 years ago

There was a club with several members in it in the Shawnee area a few years back. Have lost track of all of them since moving away from that area in '99

• hardin
    13 years ago

Hi, to all the Okies here. Teri, I wish I had the room to take some of your koi. I will ask a couple people I know, if they want some for their ponds and let you know.

BTW, the lotus you give to me did wonderful. It had 3 beautiful blooms this summer. LOVE the color. I guess you could say I did the 'Lotus Dance' when the first one bloomed. What is the name of this one, do you recall?

{{gwi:181435}}

• teri904
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Ponderpaul for the info....Vickie, The one tuber I gave you I had started the plant from a seed and dont know the name didnt even know the flower color until it bloomed :o). The other plant I did buy the tuber and its called Mrs Perry D Slocum.

• shingey
    13 years ago

I also have about 40 small koi (3-5 inches) born this summer that I need to find a home. Also have 4 larger koi (4+ pounds each), all beautiful and needing a new home. All are free. Send me an email if interested. SHINGEY_US_US@YAHOO.COM