Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ekling211

Leaky pond

ekling211
9 years ago

Something walked across my pond in the spring leaving a torn liner. It was certainly some large animal with big paws, my guesses include bear, fisher cat or deer, each tear is about 3-6" around. My pond is 25 feet around and 3.5 ft deep. In the early spring I didn't want to disturb all the frog and salamander eggs so I managed to let the pond get low enough to glue down some patches here and there. Since my ground is hard clay it takes forever to leak out anyway and I only had to fill it up a few inches here and there. Now that summer is over (sadly) and my patches have freed up considerably, I'm letting it drain down to do a better fix.
Since the footprints are in a linear path I was thinking maybe I could get away with just covering half my pond in a new liner. I would get a piece 20 x 10 and just try to glue the 10 ft side down. To make this more clear imagine a pie cut in half, the liner would fill one side completely and down the center I would glue it to the existing liner. I don't want to do the whole pond because I have so much flora, rocks and a waterfall, it would be such a huge job moving it ALL out of the way, luckily the side that's torn is the emptier side. Am I crazy (well that's probably a side issue)? Idea's?
Thanks.

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH