Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
renee48624

Pool filter conversion to Pond filter?

renee48624
15 years ago

Hi everyone.

I did do a search before posting this question. Both on the web and this site but I still would like to hear from anyone who has done this.

I was offered a fairly new pool filter for free. (Hay****). At first I rejected it but after going into a large local pond store/business yesterday I was surprised to have them tell me to grab it, take the sand out, replace it with bio filter material, either the little round plastic pieces, or the strapping bio material and use it. They claim it works great, (one of the employees uses one) and it will keep my 2900 gallon pond clean. I did order a pond pump (4200 gph) 250 watts, which I hope will retrofit to this filter to keep my cost down? I still would use a veggie filter at the top of my waterfall. They told me I could eliminate a settling chamber, bio filter and draw directly to the pump. Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated.(I have a previous posting titled "new pond, needing advice") with a photo of my newly dug pond. Thanks again! Renee

Comments (2)