Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pond + raccoon = murky water?

Posted by socks12345 Zone 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 9, 10 at 20:08

Our pond has been bad this summer, brown murky water. Would it be caused by that raccoon I saw a few nights ago around the pond? We don't see the lilies disturbed or missing fish.

Excuse me if this has been asked a million times before. I searched and came up with hundreds of posts--too much to plow through.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pond + raccoon = murky water?

Socks, there are so many variables it would be impossible to state with any certainty that the cause of the murky water is raccoons...at least with the info you have given.

Please, give us a bit more info. I had to stop putting water lilies in the pond because the Koi kept digging them up. The mud was suspended for weeks, it seemed. Did I have raccoon problems, you bet, but they were not the only culprits.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here