Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pond liner

Posted by kyme KY (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 12 at 12:45

Questions:

Where is the most reasonable place to buy a replacement liner? I need one which is 20' x 20'.

I can find smaller ones, at Lowes or Home Depot and Home Depot has tape to put them together. Does the tape work?

Thanks,
Martha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pond liner

I dont have a good recomendation on where you should go for a quality liner other than maybe a local pond supply house but I would not go for cheap at Lows or HD and please dont try to tape or splice one together.

You will have alot of work into your pond when it is all done and established and the liner is its foundation. A high quality heavy liner will last many years without leaks.

Just my 2 cents,
Mike

o

Mike,

I have an existing pond and I was looking at a replacement liner, I couldn't remember but I think the one I have is a 45 mil one. Anyway it's lasted for 20 years and is still ok except where it meets the rock edges. I agree I want something which will last!

Thanks,
Martha

o

When I got my liner 6 years ago, I would have been happy to find a local roofing supply, but I couldn't find any source. Therefore I used a website that seemed to have the best shipping (trucking) charges. At that time it was Webbs Water gardens. I would compare prices, but remember that the shipping charges are a significant proportion of the total cost.

o

Menards carries 45m EPDM at good prices. Roofing Rubber is pretty much the same as the stuff sold for ponds. The only difference I have heard any evidence for is the pond EPDM has talc on it to prevent sticking. That washes off quickly and doesn't hurt the fish. Roofing rubber doesn't have talc because it must be glued down. Check other sources for roofing rubber.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here