Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plans for a pond cover where there is heavy snow.

Posted by lisa11310 z5 MI (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 15:13

I did a search but didnt find what I was looking for. I have a small 500 gal aprox 8X8. I looked at portable sheds & greenhouses, none of the sheds let light in and the greenhouses wont stand up to Michigan winters. I need something sturdy, lets light in and is high enough on one end that I can get a 5 gal bucket in should we lose power (so I can keep a hole open). I would really love something that I can either take apart in the spring or use as a greenhouse. Does anybody have any Idea on when I can find plans?Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plans for a pond cover where there is heavy snow.

Lisa..
I have been thinking about the same thing. I've tried different approaches over the years and am now considering making a simple frame with legs longer on one side to create a slope and cover it with the heavy opaque ripple-type material (don't know what it is called) that is used on garden sheds. It isn't totally clear, but would let some light through.
Anne
PS I just did a search and came up with corrugated roofing. Lowes carries it:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_73140-1115-1418A_0__?productId=3043439&Ntt=corrugated+roofing&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dcorrugated%2Broofing&facetInfo=

I'm also including a link below to a company that makes this type of stuff that has more information than Lowes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Corrugated Panels

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here