Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunken eyes in koi

Posted by tizzylizzyloo (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 18, 10 at 15:35

Was wondering if anyone knows what happened to my koi...he had sunken in eyes coming into this spring then died..very sad.
tizzylizzyloo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunken eyes in koi

Sorry introduced myself in How often do u clean your pond?
New to here, so saying helloo to all ponders!
tizzylizzyloo

o

Welcome, tizzylizzyloo.

Sorry I don't know what killed your fish.

You might want to know that new posts stay at the top until a follow-up is posted, then they begin to move lower. If you write a follow-up to your own post, it won't have the advantage of being at the top so people are sure to see that it has no replies yet.

Sharon

o
thanks Sharon!

Hope to find an answer...

o

There is no way to know what killed the fish now that it's gone. There are a couple of things that cause sunken eyes though. Koi Herpes virus does, but so does the parasite Costia. did only the one koi die? Did you get any new fish prior to this one dying?

o

Yes, only the one died koi died and no, I didnt get any new fish.

tizzylizzyloo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here