Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
use this pond vac?

Posted by vieja z7NM (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 27, 10 at 20:16

I wonder if any one has purchased & used the MuckVac advertised to clean your pond? It uses a garden hose attached to the vac & sends the debris & water back on to the lawn. I need a vac that will clean a small 250 gal. pre-form pond & that will suck the debris & water OUT of the pond... NOT back into it after going through a net filter like one I bought. The water went back into the pond & stirred up the sediment something awful & soon over-flowed the pond! Tossed that useless thing! Tried attaching a tube so the water would go out of the pond but then the suction wouldn't work unless the return tube was IN the pond water!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: use this pond vac?

• Posted by maet z5 NL, Canada (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 28, 10 at 17:16

I've also been considering buying a small shop vac and attaching a hose to the shop vac for the water to drain away. Either way with the shop vac or the muck vac you will have to replace water thats being sucked out of the pond.

o
RE: use this pond vac?

A good muc vac needs to filter the water as it returns to the pond a cheap doesn't filter well with just a net. There are lots of pond vac in many price ranges out there. Amozon has a big selection.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pond Vaccums at Amozon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here