Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengimp

External Pump/Filter box plan

gardengimp
12 years ago

Requesting critiques, suggestions and comments!

Now that I've been at this water garden for a bit, and I've read more and more of the archives here .... I think I'm ready to bite the bullet and plan the install of an external pump/filter box. I looked around at purchase options, and at designs some of you have, and this is what I've come up with.

A few reminders - (1) my pond is currently quite small ~300 gallons and after I rework maybe around ~500 (2) water garden with comet goldfish (3) in-ground space is a premium and gets carved out around oak tree roots and water/sewer pipes and (4) the water fountain is about 40" or so above pond water level

Essentially, I would be using a rubbermaid box in a box that would be setting at the narrow end of my pond. The narrow end of the box to the left in the diagram would actually be part and parcel of the pond side.

{{gwi:234778}}

The top box will contain all the filters and the pump, with the ability to be fairly easily disconnected from the lower plumping box. The top box will set inside the deep bottom box, with a cut out on the far end for the pump; and for debris to settle to the bottom.

At least, this is the best attempt I've come up with so far to get pumps and filters out of my pond.

I'm hoping that all of you kind and knowledgeable people will pick this apart for me and help make it perfect - at at least on paper!

TIA

~dianne

PS - link below is to a journal post with more pond pictures and details

Here is a link that might be useful: My pond

Comments (4)