Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrblubs22

Catching and finding Baby goldfish

MrBlubs
9 years ago

Yesterday I decided to go out and bring in my goldfish in for the winter. I usually bring them in at the beginning of October but It turned out to actually be pretty warm fall. Though it started to Snow today so I decided to bring em in. Now I have about 6 or 7 comets (total mind blank right now) and 2 Shubunkins. Out of the comets all of them were bought as feeder fish except for this one which Was a Sarsa Comet. And then I bought a subunkin who's three now I guess and then the rest are 2 years old and some I just gotthis spring. Anyway as I wwas taking out the plants and trying to catch these fish when I saw a little white flash and somehow caught it but it was a baby goldfish! Which I'm pretty sure is from my Sarsa Comet and old subunkin as they are my oldest and biggest fish and the baby was white with a few red and black specs. Anyway I lost light so I brought in my goldfish and put them in there tank in the garage and so on. Today I tried to go out and find more as there must be at least another one..... Hopefully. Though the pond had a thin layer of ice and I tried looking for a little bit of movement but couldn't see anything. Then I just tried swishing back the net back and forth seeing if I could catch anything that I couldn't see but nothing..... Now I don't know if there is any left but there's lots of places for them to hide and I dont know anyway to catch them besides by sight and a net. I don't think I can coax them with food as the pond temp is really low and so on.
Is there any tricks or traps that maybe could catch what might or may not be there?
And where do they usually hangout? There's nothing in the pond now except for the rocks at the bottom, a pot with cattails, and a few frog bit frozen in ice.

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting