Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
air pump / what to get?

Posted by rferg800 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 3, 13 at 3:28

Hi all. I am finally going to put this pond in. So I'm buying up all the parts and pieces this winter to install in the spring. next up on my research list is air pumps. I will have two bottom drains. One at about 6 feet deep. The other only about 2 feet deep. koitoiliet with air is the type I have to put in. What is the best high volume air pump recommended?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: air pump / what to get?

Hello
I just put a pond in with two bottom drains, both are at 4 feet. I must admit I have not had this pump long. However, this was the pump of choice of my pond installer. I have a Hakko 80L pump. I have the pump installed in the basement of my house. The air line goes 200 feet underground to the pond. So far no issues. The pond is not heated at this time. One of the main reasons we put the air pump in the basement, is to help with pond heating. During the winter it will only be the pump that is going. So warm air will be pumped to the pond. Since it is in my basement, another issue was noise. After installed it is pretty quiet, hope this helps.

Craig

o
RE: air pump / what to get?

Thanks Craig
I will check that one out.

Robert

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here