Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oscarmatic_gw

Water flow meter on fill line

Oscarmatic
10 years ago

The pond project is continuing to make good progress. Last week, the pond was drained completely and mucked out. I'm already looking ahead to reinstalling the bog plants and re-establishing our lovely ecosystem and bubbling stream.

One of the things that would be nice to know for future maintenance is the approximate volume of the pond. It is difficult to estimate because of the irregular shapes. Now that I need to refill the pond, I'm thinking a flow meter on the refill line will tell me exactly what I need to know. Has anyone used this method to determine pond volume?

For those of you who have used flow meters, did you have a temporary hose-end meter, or did you install one permanently? I am considering plumbing one into the refill line, so we can use it both to determine total volume and to monitor refill rates.

Finally, I would love your recommendations and advice for inexpensive flow meters. There are several types available and not much product review information. Suggestions are much appreciated.

Comment (1)