Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katett_gw

Aquascape Skimmer losing water

KateTT
12 years ago

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone can help me. We have a approx. 3000 gal pond (with koi in it) that we've had for about 8 years now. We've had problems recently with the pond leaking and had the screws in the front of the skimmer replaced with SS screws (saw that on another post). That was about 3 months ago and everything was working pretty good. A couple days ago, I noticed the auto fill continuously running, which was suspicious. I rigged it up to try and turn it off completely. What happened after that was the water in the skimmer completely drained after it was sucked in by the pump, then it would fill again, then get sucked dry again. Part of the problem I think is that the water level is only about an inch above the skimmer opening, so one solution is to try and lower the skimmer but I'm not sure this is feasible and seems really hard. Raising the water level is another solution but I tried that and it always drops to about the inch above the opening. Also, I started to notice that the dirt around the auto fill valve is damp, could that area leak? Other solutions we've pondered are: replacing the skimmer altogether- if so what's a good skimmer? Or maybe a drop-in pond skimmer? From what I've read though, those seems to be rated for smaller ponds. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!! Thank you, Kate

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES