Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleroses

Tea cup collecting

purpleroses
17 years ago

As long as it's cold outside, ya might as well:

Show me your teacup collections.

My mother gave me 6 beautiful teacup and saucer sets from her antique shop for Christmas.

I love them! Now it has started me on a kick, looking up cup and saucer trios on ebay.

I'm sticking with Royal Albert and Duchess patterns with roses (non symetrical designs) and maybe some pansies or morning glory.

There are so many, I need to narrow it down. I don't want to get out of hand!

My husband is getting worried ... it's just not like me to be into this sort of thing. I must be getting old ...

Comments (19)

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

LOL LOL---I have so many collections I wouldn't know where to start---pretty tea cups just one of the many different ones---LOL---My DS gave me a new teacup for Christmas----
    {{gwi:201755}}

Florence

• cupshaped_roses
    17 years ago

I have Roy Kirkhams Fine Bone China:

Redoute:

{{gwi:201756}}

{{gwi:201757}}

{{gwi:201758}}

English Rose:

{{gwi:201759}}

{{gwi:201761}}

and Royal Patrician Summertime Rose:

{{gwi:201763}}

• carla17
    17 years ago

Purple, yours are gorgeous and Florence's too. Patricia from AL talked me into getting one this past summer, start a collection. Side trip to antiques store. If I could ever stop collecting roses, maybe china is an idea, he he.

Carla

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

ooooooooo---cup-shaped ----I love the cocoa pitcher with the two cups------the roses are so pretty.

I never heard of Royal Patrician china ---Is it made in Denmark?-----very pretty.

Florence

• cupshaped_roses
    17 years ago

yours are very beautiful too Florence! No royal Patrician china is made in England. I bought the set in London. I thought it was for tea. Later I learned it was for cocoa. LOL. Later on I found a mail order service to get more of The Roy Kirkham fine bone china...the series Redoute, English rose and Versailles.

It is possible to get Royal Patrician China in US from this source: There are may rose series of Royal Patrician
    China. My favourite is "Summertime rose". But it is rather pricy. $ 107 for this set.

Here is a link that might be useful: US Source of Royal Patrician and Roy Kirkham China

• mjsee
    17 years ago

I'll have to get pictures of mine tomorrow. I picked mine up at the thrift shop...

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    17 years ago

Royal Albert Moonlight Rose is one of my favorites

Here is a link that might be useful:

17 years ago

I like collecting plates too...

17 years ago

Another favorite I'm trying to acquire...

17 years ago

{{gwi:201765}}

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:201765}}

• cupshaped_roses
    17 years ago

That is a gorgeous teacup you have there Decobug. Also allow me thank you for for all the good pictures I have seen of yours on HMF during the Years!

• purpleroses
    Original Author
    17 years ago

These are absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Florence, Is that purple roses plate a saucer or a sideplate? I want one!

Look what I just won on ebay:

{{gwi:201767}}
    {{gwi:201769}}
    {{gwi:201770}}

• gnabonnand
    17 years ago

CupShaped, your 'Redoute' china is incredibly beautiful.

Randy

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

Purpleroses----oooooo I love the C&S you won on e-bay----I have to stay away from e-bay----because I see too many I want---LOL
    My set is a C&S----when I first looked at them I thought they didn't go together but it is a set--it is Royal Norcrest ----
    Staffordshire England-----fine bone china

I have a lot of C&S but I thought you might like to see this old plate that a friend of mine gave me---I like it.
    {{gwi:201771}}

Florence

• kittymoonbeam
    17 years ago

One pattern I just saw that I thought was lovely was Victorian Violets by Hammersley. Not made now days but still widely available. Great selection of teacup shapes too with different handle shapes as well. The related tea set pieces are very romantic.

• lizzielove
    15 years ago

My 86 yr old mother has passed away and I have found tea cups and tea sets from her mother and grandmother including Royal Doulton and other numbered sets... English bone china... from late 1800's to early 1900's in Australia. I haven't a clue what they are worth... How would I find out? They are all in pristine condition and are so beautiful.. Anyone interested, then let me know and I can send photos.
    Cheers
    Lizzie

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

Lizzielove------The Garden Web-has a forum called Antiques and Collectibles---

You might get some answers there.

Florence

• doultonevent_com
    15 years ago

In the true spirit of innovation, Whitley Collection/Seaway China announces a premier Royal Doulton International Event to take place July 17-19, 2009 at the Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest in Ypsilanti, Michigan. This preeminent international exposition will feature an expansive roster of prestigious, international exhibitors featuring the finest in Royal Doulton, Moorcroft, and other masters of British art pottery design.

Serving as the venue for this cultural event, the Ann Arbor Marriott at Eagle Crest is nestled on a 135 acre championship golf course and offers a tranquil park setting and resort-style amenities. The Ann Arbor Marriott will be transformed into a dazzling art gallery, displaying the finest in British ceramic and art pottery design.

Gregg Whittecar and Arron Rimpley, promoters for this international event and owners of Whitley Collection and Seaway China located in Doral, Florida, have been providing collectors around the world with the finest in Royal Doulton, Moorcroft, Wedgwood and other fine art pottery and ceramics. They have successfully organized and participated in numerous expositions throughout the world. The promoters are also authors of the book Royal Doulton: A Legacy of Excellence 1871-1945, depicting the important contributions made by the Doulton Company during the late 19th and early 20th century.

Dont Forget to R.S.V.P. To This Year's Premiere Royal Doulton Event & Exposition visit http://doultonevent.com

Here is a link that might be useful: The Premiere Royal Doulton Show and Exposition

• stinky-gardener
    15 years ago

Don't have a teacup collection, but when I was a teenager, for some reason I collected demi-tasse cups! Don't know what became of them all. Was admiring this espresso cup & saucer the other day. Love all the colors...they're just yummy!

Here is a link that might be useful: cup & saucer