Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meredith_e

Did I hear that right?

The View is on in the background as I wax poetic about Data Structures for a project.

Please tell me Barbara Walters didn't just ask if we thought about what Nancy Pelosi was wearing last night.

Please say it isn't so.

And nobody blinked. As Joy used to say in her standup, Can I smack her ? ;]

OTOH, the Prez's tie was smashing, I thought... think CNN will do a piece on it?

Comments (12)

• pete41
    17 years ago

You watched when cops was on?????/ Wow.
    I hear you-lol

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It's a test of my concentration skills... doing precise logic work while The View is on ;]

• labrea_gw
    17 years ago

Nah I only kept picking on the pink suit blond in the very front. Nice suit wrong event for it....Nancy had what I called here grandma's come for graduation suit.
    Oh so it's so wrong (is it) but Joan Rivers was my mother! my family was brutal in theri criticisms...we could be dressed like bums but felt completely free to shred or applaude everyone else. Ah well!

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

Meredith---funny you should mention this--I only half caught what she said but it surprised me that a "learned journalist" didn't have a better thought beside what Pelosi was wearing.

Oh well---just an example as to what "The View" has become----
    Florence

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    17 years ago

"Data Structures" bad...flash...back... (actually, the Automata Theory was by far the most horrifying, but I digress).

I had it on, but missed the first 5 minutes. I hope she was commenting on what other people may have mentioned about what Speaker Pelosi was wearing. I hope.

Original Author
    17 years ago

Nope, she asked it herself! After they sang a line of women hear me roar, I kid you not ;]

Automata theory? LOL, Diane... a quote from my professor as people balk[sp?] about this stuff:

"Now, one of the terrors in front of you lies in a folder on my machine called "front ears of computing". And in it, I go into automata theory.... All this, rather delicious stuff, awaits you in unit six, and if you dispute it, find flaws in it, and fix it, I will be delighted because I figure that is what we are supposed to be doing at a university."

• carla17
    17 years ago

I can't handle politics on TV. The View has taken quite the turn lately.
    At Rosie's defense, I got a good look at the Dahnald's hair and someone needs to tell that man that swopes, as Ann puts it, will not do on any part of the head. Comb overs are so not good.

Carla

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    17 years ago

Meridith, that stuff drove Alan Turing mad. That's all I have to say... ;-))

• rosesinny
    17 years ago

Can't stand BW and would never watch anything with her on it, but FWIW, Nancy herself did make a big deal about what she was wearing a couple of times recently. She very pointedly has been wearing purple on occasion because even though she is partial to red, we have that red state / blue state thing and she wanted to blend them. It's symbolism and she's bright enough to realize that people are going to comment anyway, so she gave them something to talk about. Don't know what she was wearing on the View tho.

Original Author
    17 years ago

If we fall for such symbolism, God help us all. If Nancy talks about her clothes much, fooey on her too... off with all of their heads! I swear I'd do it like Catherine the Great and just wear what the men are wearing, but I know I'd get the same rumors started that she did [not the horse, perhaps;]. Without a monarchy, that'd be tough to pull off!

Carla, have you seen the Bambino Trumph's swope? Bwahaha! OK, that's a darned cute kid.

Diane, light a little candle for me!

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    17 years ago

You'll be fine, Meridith, I survived it! I still have the book 20 years later, NEVER EVER HAD TO USE ANY OF IT AGAIN, but I'm afraid to burn it in fear of bringing on the apocalypse.

• debrazone9socal
    17 years ago

I've never seen The View, and could care less. I never thought much of BW, even though I recognize she was somewhat of a trailblazer herself. Nevertheless, it is really a shame that she would even think about commenting on Pelosi's attire. It just fans the flames....

For me, I was watching Pelosi, thinking how incredible she is that she wasn't making any faces behind anyone's back..........:)