Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another back operation-----Update !

Posted by zeffyrose_pa6b7 6b7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 31, 10 at 16:41

Here I go again----Fri the 5th at 7 A.M.----I've been in pain ever since the second hip surgery back in Sept 2007 after a year or so of pain the Dr. ordered an MRI and then informed me it was my back that was causing the pain---so back to the Neurosurgeon and he ordered a Myelogram which pointed out the problem----Dr. will remove the plate from previous surgery on L4 and L5 and fuse L3----he says the previous surgery looks good and the bones healed well--
I will be staying in Robyn's apartment until the 15th and then hopefully home to recuperate--
Hopefully this will be the last surgery----I will be very careful and restrict my gardening activities for the rest of my life----I will be happy to be able to walk without pain---
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers----
I will report in as soon as I can----

thanks in advance for your support-----
Florence

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another back operation-----Update !

My thoughts are with you and I hope it turns out in the best way possible. Let us know.
Kathy

o

My prayers are with you Florence, I hope all goes well for you and the pain is taken away, you have been through alot. Please keep us updated and try to take it easy and don't overdo it.
Jeanie

o

Florence I'm sorry that you've suffered for so long. I pray that the surgery goes well and that you will be painfree. I'll be watching for an update.
Leda

o

Florence, I 'm sending you tons of good wishes, for a successful operation and a speedy recovery. You are much too wonderful a lady to be in pain Just think, you should be up and around and feeling so much better just in time for spring!

o

• Posted by debn 8b NW Florida (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 1, 10 at 19:08

I hope this operation will eliminate the pain for you Florence. You know my prayers are going to be hollered out for you!!!

Love you,
Deb

o

Florence -
I hope this operation helps relieve your pain so that you and Bob are able to visit us again on LBI. My thoughts are with you!

o

Florence, you will be in my thoughts Friday morning - and every day until you recover enough to travel home and let us know how you are doing. I truly wish you a spring walk in your garden without pain this year!
((Hugs))
Anne

o

Florence - thanks for keeping us posted. I will pray for you on Friday. So sorry you will have to give up gardening for life. Perhaps you can start growing African Violets inside! :)

Wishing you a speedy recovery and no more pain.

o

Thanks for all your good wishes and prayers-----we are getting ready to leave for Lancaster----surgery tomorrow morning.

I will be in touch as soon as I can.

Florence

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 4, 10 at 11:25

Florence, I'm late in seeing this!

You'll be in my prayers tomorrow morning, and every morning til we hear from you again. You should be in good hands at Robyns.

I think you've timed this perfectly. When the weather improves, just think how it's going to be to be free of pain. Your garden will be lovely with a little wilder look to it :) Hugs to you! And let us know how you are doing when you can....Maureen

o

I'm very late! Dear Flo, I hope this really is the solution and that it gets you back up and out as soon as possible.

o

Florence,
By now, you should be on the road to recovery. Try to resist the urge to shovel the 2 feet of snow on your driveway. Save your strength for spring pruning next month.

Here's wishing you are happy and well.

Harry

o

Hi, Florence,
I keep stopping by to try to hear that your op is over and that a good spring is in your future.
By the way, you're not missing anything this winter.

Ann

o

Florence, I'm unfashionably late. I hope your surgery went better than well. I also hope you will be pain free to enjoy spring.

Carla

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here