Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

I'm on again, hallelujah!

carla17
16 years ago

I want to send a big thank you to all the lovely people who tried to help me! It really meant a lot to me that everyone was trying. Now that I'm on, I'll have to think of some clever post but it's good to be back and be able to respond if I want.

Carla

Comments (17)

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    16 years ago

I am so glad. Do you have any idea of what had happened?

Welcome back.

Sammy

• petaloid
    16 years ago

Happy to see that you finally made it back!

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sammy, I typed in gardenweb.com and it came up or maybe the techs FINALLY fixed something. It's a good thing I got on before I risked getting Disneyed from my frustration.

Carla

• User
    16 years ago

Hey good to have you back what a time you've had. It's still not all right I can't get from Antiques to non antiques gallery without dropping the 2 in browser.

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

Welcome home.
    sarcasm/ And isn't technology wonderful? /sarcasm (I'm currently trying to understand the mind of a bread machine.)

• lesdvs9
    16 years ago

Hi Carla, I'm glad you got it all sorted out, I know it was very frustrating. Good to see you back, you were missed!!

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

So happy to see you back Carla - missed you!

I have thought this, and have to say it now. What p***es me off, is that Nobody from the Powers that be communicated with us when obviously things have not been right. We were told there would be down-time for improvements, yet things went very wrong and nobody apologised or gave us any explanation or said, "hang in there! we are doing the best we can". So it left us hanging! some of us believing that the problems were with ourselves personally. I just found that very disappointing. Also it has been a frequently reported fact that some people are having to add or take away a "2" in the URL for the Rose Gallery. This has been talked about for some time QUOTE:

"I can't navigate from here to Rose Gallery either. I have to go up and take the 2 off then I can enter, or I use the link I saved.
    http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/rosesgal/
    See that 2, erase it and then you should be able to enter off of the Rose Forum".

Seems like there are still a few things to be ironed out, Some of us, if not all of us, have been unable to get into the gallery, maybe an explanation for that may be nice.

........and also, why cannot anybody explain why Pete got expelled. he was with us, most of us enjoyed his humor, now has been whipped away - how would we know whether that was a fair deal or not.

Just a little frustrated and hope all returns back to normality soon!

...........But at least, we got Carla back. Yeah!!

Pauline - Vancouver Island

• erasmus_gw
    16 years ago

A thanks from me too for all the people who tried to help. Something finally worked. It was frustrating as communication with GW was non-existent for me, and difficult for Carla. Without help from some of you all, the problem might still be going on.
    Linda

• debnfla8b
    16 years ago

Welcome back Carla!!!

I had to LOL at Ann about the bread machine!

Deb :o))

• Molineux
    16 years ago

Welcome back Milady.

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks you guys. I've told you before but you're great.
    Patrick, I am now immune to your enabling skills!

Carla

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    16 years ago

Welcome back, Carla. How utterly frustrating this must have been for you.

Labrea, you only need to eliminate the 2 once. When you're on the Gallery, save it to your Favorites list and from then on you can use that. Much easier!

Ingrid

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    16 years ago

Welcome back Carla and Linda!

Did either of you see Pete while you were in Never-Never Land?

And Carla...IMMUNE?...NEVER offer a challenge to Patrick. Your garden will be crawling with his favorite roses and clematis - just like mine.

• Molineux
    16 years ago

I'll get you my pretty and your not-so-little lawn too!

Carla,

Have you heard of BETTY CORNING? It a super healthy lavender-blue clematis blessed with a sweet jasmine like fragrance. Looks lovely with any warm colored rose. Don't believe me? Well then, just take a look at Harry's beautiful Betty with Westernland. TRUST ME my dear, those soft violet nodding bells are so dainty and precious that your neighbors will be positively green with envy. She would also be perfect with pinks and whites, giving your garden a shimmering fairytale like quality. And on warm summer evenings when the sweet fragrances of rose and jasmine waft through your windows...

Image of Betty Corning by Harry
    {{gwi:202057}}

Betty Corning is on the right. Image by nckvilledudes posted at the Clematis Forum.
    {{gwi:202058}}

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    16 years ago

Good lord, Patrick - watch out on the potency of that enabling, will you? This overdose you posted is just killing me, and I'm only an innocent bystander! ;-)

Carla - you were so, so missed! Welcome back, dear lady!

Anne

• rozannadanna
    16 years ago

welcome back

• zeffyrose
    16 years ago

Carla---I can sympathize--- I know how frustrating it can be when we can't visit our friends here on GW----Happy you are back.

Florence