Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

One week out of school

sammy zone 7 Tulsa
17 years ago

One week today out of school!!!! We let out early last Friday, and still have ice. The ice was so thick that the snow removal equipment couldn't move it, so they brought in machines to chop it so they could clear the roads. For an entire week our yards, driveways, everything has been coated with ice.

Yet some cities have not had electricity, so I know I should not complain. That fact won't stop me because I have not been able to go anywhere for a week. We did dare to go to a store and a few places, but I must hold on carefully since it is so slick. Parking lots and shopping centers are very slick. Convenience stores that sell gas have gotten their lots clear, but even large grocery stores are icy.

Tomorrow the forecast is for 2-5 inches of snow and sleet. It was 6-9 inches, but they have reduced it. The fact is that nobody knows what is going to happen.

Our school factors in 3 snow days, but now we have had 6 (Monday was a holiday.) We are being told that all of this will have to be made up. Whenever it will be made up will be in the spring when I can get outside.

I have never realized how much I count on being outside everyday. I always walk the dogs besides working, and gardening. This has been terrible. Today I sorted catalogs, and threw out many, I cleaned the kitchen and rec room floors and cleaned the bathroom. We watched 2 moveies, and I worked about 4 sudokus.

So, how is your weather?

Sammy

Comments (5)