Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So, my buddy Clarice sends me this email...

Posted by michaelalreadytaken No Cal (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 20, 07 at 5:38

My buddy Clarice sends me this email about the new Zodiac film coming out in March.

Goody, goody! Slurp.

So, industrious Googler that I am, I immediately set about refreshing my memory on San Francisco's Zodiac killer--who was never caught.

Mistake. ;)

It turns out that I drive past a couple of his crime scenes on a daily basis.

As if that weren't bad enough ;) --I make the mistake of mentioning it to a couple of people at work--one of whom takes me down the hall to a window and says: You see that spot right over there?

If I tell you that I was still pressing the power door lock buttons even after I was on the freeway doing 70--

ROFL at myself.

Somewhere around the 680 interchange in Fairfield, it occurred to me that I was, in fact, driving a SUV and that a serial killer could potentially be hiding in the cargo area behind the back seat.

You know how it goes:

Cerebellum: Now Michael, it's been over thirty years ago and you're behaving like an idiot.

Medulla Oblongata: No, no, he's hiding in the cargo area this very second and he's just waiting for you to exit the freeway and pull up to a traffic light so he can pop you. Really, he is! You'll see soon enough--(Looks in rearview mirror for hundredth time)

LOL.

I know I've checked every door and window lock in this house a million times.

MichaelAT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So, my buddy Clarice sends me this email...

We use to go by the Lake B---------- on our wine runs and never knew it was connected to the Zodiac case.

o

Well, I slept with the garage door open all night and nothing bothered me. LOL
You really shouldn't let these little things get to you Tony.

Carla

o

I understand. We lived very close to a park in Seattle where Ted Bundy killed a woman. :-( It was kinda scary.

Michelle

o

Little terrors creep in and multiply. At least in my world. I hope your head clears, lol.

I rented an apartment in college. My shrink, Mom and 2 folks at work all said "Isn't that the one in the paper with that guy and that girl?" "Huh?"

"Nevermind."

The story progressed and I found myself steeling up and asking for reduced rent. Landlord sighed relief and knocked off sixty bucks a month. Cool!

Further murmurs from friends... more of the story told, months later.

I scrubbed the blue bathtub whitish with industrial cleaners. I am a logical, tough chick. No problem.

Still, bathtime had unspeakable visions dancing through my head. The walls had paint that allowed bleedthru with repeated humidity.

I am not a totally logical, tough chick. I moved. Too creepy is too creepy, IMHO.

Hope you can drive a different way, lol!

o

• Posted by jody 7b - NC (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 24, 07 at 8:41

I dated a police officer who went absolutely beserk when he discovered the overhead light in my car didn't come on when I opened the door. He fixed it right THEN. And then I got the whole lecture on standing behind the door when I open it - so there is a door between you and a potential attacker and then checking the backseat, cargo area, whatever. So now I do an automatic check of my vehicle.

If I think about it and I haven't checked, I do exactly the same thing, freak a little, talk myself out of it and then freak a little again.

Funny, I don't lock doors at the house - but then Felco wouldn't let anyone in anyway.

o

We need Felco photos.

MichaelAT

o

Great way to fight insomnia, this thread - NOT. I bet I spent two hours trying to see if Google had anything on the old place. Aaack.

o

All I know is Jake Gyllenhaal can make any murderer look better. LOL. I wish you could see it with me MAT.

Carla

o

I used to take my students down to Lake Herman Road for driving lessons, my students had some crazy stories about the Zodiac, didn't bother me any though.

I also used to take my dog to Lake Berryessa a lot when we were living in AC, I sure do miss that place.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Meredith! OMG!!! I thought your story was no big deal until you mentioned bleedthru. SCREEEAM!

Michelle

o

My exact reaction one night in the tub after the denial wore off. I can certainly say that I wished I hadn't previously learned which kind of velocity bloodsplatter meant what.

It was really a sad story though... dude's girlfriend overdosed overnight originally and he went insane the next day or so, for that week and forever since :( My most macabre tale, I'm sure, and peace to everyone involved too.

o

ok, so anybody ever had a close encounter of the really freaky kind?/ I have never been attacked physically, but while in Columbia SC once, I was at a car wash near the college. This dude materialized out of nowhere and started asking me if I liked bargains, cus some people nearby 'were moving and had to sell everything'. I told him great, cus *I* was moving to the area and needed everything and would meet him at the address... THEN he started telling me that the place was in a basement... I felt the hairs on my head stand up and moved to keep the car between us while he talked... next thing I knew, he was gone, as quickly and silently as he had appeared! I dove into the car, locked all the doors and drove away going wheee whee whee all the way home!!! reminded me a WHOLE bunch of the Bundy stories, except it was in the mid-1980's and I think Bundy was behind bars by then...

o

It has always amazed me the way that these types can appear out of nowhere--by magic.

I've had it happen to me in New Orleans, in Kenner, LA, in Los Angeles--and a couple of times out here in broad daylight.

One second there's nobody within three hundred feet--the next second someone's in your face.

What troubling "skill" is that and where do they learn it?

MichaelAT

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here