Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pete41_gw

I hate pushups

pete41
17 years ago

and crunches and leg raisers and sit-ups and all the rest of that nonsense.Why can't we get both toned and tanned with a yawn,stretch and roll over while soaking up the sun on our chaise lounges?

Course most of you will need sunlamps this time of year.Did burn my toes the other day.

Comments (15)

• pete41
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Come on Dirty Harry and make my day-Take the bait.
    I did go inside for the stuffed grape leaves.

• michelle_co
    17 years ago

What kind of bait? Cheese or chocolate, please. Actually this mouse needs a latte.

I hate loading hay, and am procrastinating. I'll do your pushups if you'll load and unload my hay for me. One ton seems like a lot of hay, but translated to pushups (2000# / my weight) is not really THAT many pushups, I guess.

My toes are so alabaster white you'd need shades to look at them. They'd burn yer eyes right outta their sockets. And the hair, oh the furry hair on the toe knuckles (LOL, kidding).

OFF to jump the farm truck's battery, put some air in it's tires, then load the hay and JUST HOPE the truck doesn't die before I get home.

Darn it anyway.

Michelle

• flowernay
    17 years ago

I like Pete's exercise plan... :) we all gotta fly south now :) ~ but, I thin I'll need to add some 16 oz curls (Pina Colada style) to my Xercize program

• User
    17 years ago

I Have a 45 minute routine I have to do in the mornings for the back starting with a lot of stretching then leg lifts, clam shells, cat and camel, pelvic rolls, side rolls, bridges, slide squats, face down back kicks and then I walk a half mile to work and then walk home at night when I do my most strenuous favorite work out remote clicks.

• michaelalreadytaken
    17 years ago

As of late, I look at my bicycle for 45 minutes a day-whether I feel like it or not. :)

MichaelAT

• michelle_co
    17 years ago

LOL Micheal. I look at a dusty Bowflex. Does that count?

Cheers,
    Michelle

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    17 years ago

I know what Pete meant. He is gloating that he is in full spring mode while we are staring at snow-covered beds and dealing with wind chills that bring tears to our eyes. Did I mention that I hate this continuous wind!

Pete knows that when he starts, there are many of us north of the Mason-Dixon line, who get a notion to load our weapons and discharge them in his general direction.

So Pete "Do you feel lucky today?"

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    17 years ago

At the very least, we could wish a bad sunburn on that lazy Florida bum. Probably getting soft with no natural elements to fight--builds character, my So.Dak. mom always claimed. 'Course I decided to make do with a little less character--moved to Kansas--so I guess I can't point my finger too emphatically.

Kate

• flowernay
    17 years ago

when's the party??? how close is it to Daytona? ~ can we invite 25 of our closest friends??? LOL

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    17 years ago

No pushups with this back, but I am a yoga Goddess and am shooting for the legs I had on drill team. No sun necessary, thankyouverymuch. 'Course NC has the mountains, Piedmont and beach, so it's hard to choose what outdoor delights to partake of ;] OK, so the beach probably just hit 70 degrees, but I bet the Blue Crabs are still good!

I can't wait to hear that you've become a Yoga Guru next... chant a little in your saffron robes. I could see it! Well, maybe not.

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    17 years ago

Pete, is this your not too subtle way of telling us how fortunate you are to live in Florida?

My master plan is always to do the weight lifting exercises, but my reality is more like Michael's.

Once I am able to go outside in the spring, I have some trouble since I am out of condition. That means I should start lifting weights today.

Sammy

• cajunrosegal
    17 years ago

Burned tootsies? Makes it hard to ride a bike does it not?
    Sun,beach..bum...hummm fits.
    As far as the natural disasters we forgot the HURRICANES???
    lol but Id rather those than snow anyday! At least we dont get snow but omg, we get wind. Its been windy and we had a threat of HAIL that never materialized thank god.
    Dusty bow flex, loading hay...sigh...Im tired just reading!
    Angela

• cardinal_in_the_snow
    17 years ago

HAHAHA!

I thought Pete might be referring to a type of bra....

• msjean
    17 years ago

I believe in the benefit of regular exercise and do it daily.
    I have progressed to the point that I now do the 20 minute work-out in 2 minutes ...and I do it faithfully..:)

• cajunrosegal
    17 years ago

Now that the weather has warmed up here, walking or rather being DRAGGED around the lake by a bouncing black dog that likes to chase anything. There is my exercise, who needs weights when your using muscles to restrain 60+ pounds of exuberance!
    Angela

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County