Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
taxslayer or turbotax anyone?

Posted by andrewlina Z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 4, 07 at 10:17

Has anyone had any experience in doing your taxes (state & federal),with taxslayer or turbotax. I really do not feel like spending over $200 at H&R Block this year! I am not tax-literate,so I hope these programs are easy to understand. I have a home,mortgage,car,childcare... Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: taxslayer or turbotax anyone?

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 4, 07 at 14:26

Try it out online, get a feel for it. They won't charge you until you click submit from what I remember last year doing my son's taxes. I had the book & forms with me while doing it online and entered the info on the sheet I had. Granted he doesn't have the house, etc, but from memory it asks you all of that

o

I have used turbotax for the last three years. It is very easy to understand and use. Before you start it tells you what forms you will need and as you go through and enter more data it will ask you if you own your house or how many dependents you have.

It will tell what box on which form to get the correct information for a particular part of the form. If you cannot find a form or do not have it yet you can log off and when you come back and log back in turbotax will return you to where you left off.

At each point turbotax will ask you if you have something to deduct for childcare, property taxes, IRA, state income tax, etc. If the total of the deductions is less than the standard deduction turbotax will let you know which is the better way to get more money back or to pay less if needed.
From the day you file if you are getting back money and have it sent to your bank rather than mailed to you it takes about ten days from when the IRS accepts your return.

Lance

o

I like using Turbotax myself. It is easy to use, step by step with help files. I'm aware you can do it all online, I prefer to have it on my computer and come and go as I please and save it there as I work on it. You still have the ability to e-file or paper file. I am not familiar with the other you mentioned.

o

I've filed with Turbo before and would again. I tried to this years seems to be a problem with my computer it was'nt reading the data

o

I've used TurboTax for quite a few years. I like it. You might check to make sure you don't qualify for a free version, I don't, but a friend of mine does, so it's worth checking.

Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here