Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zeffyrose

Thanks so much ------

zeffyrose
14 years ago

for all your kind thoughts and prayers--I'm doing very well---the nurses were amazed at my quick recovery --I was up and walking down the halls just a few hours after surgery---

My "sitting time" will be resricted for a couple of months but I will be stopping in as often as possible----

We've been staying here in Lancaster with my daughter---clamps are to be removed on Mon the 15th and then we will go home----

Thanks again for your prayers-----

Love to all of you,

Florence

Comments (10)

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    14 years ago

Wonderful news, Florence. I'm sure by this time you are back at home and that's always a good feeling. We'll just have to make do with you hovering by your computer now and then to say hello, but it's great to think that this surgery was a success and is helping to put that beautiful smile back on your face. Best wishes,
    Anne

• seattlesuze
    14 years ago

I'm so glad to hear that your recovery is going well. Sending you warm and healing thoughts, Florence.

Sue

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    14 years ago

Hi Florence...it's so nice to hear how you are doing! I hope today finds you back in your own cozy house...not that you wouldn't have enjoyed your time with Robyn.

Please take care and keep us up to date on your progress when you are able to be at your computer. Your recovery sounds wonderful, you must be as tough as your roses :) (((((Hugs)))))

• ramblinrosez7b
    14 years ago

Great news Florence, so glad to hear everthing went well.

• zeffyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi rosebuds---thanks again for all your warm and healing thoughts.

I'm doing quite well for my age----I just recieved an e-mail from the nurse who took care of me when I had the myelogram---she was only in her 50's and in great shape when she had back surgery---she said the first 4 weeks were like a nightmare and she felt like a broken toy but eventually she was up to her old self and back to rock-climbing----so I will continue with the pain meds and the 10 min walks inside my home----no rock-climbing for me LOL but it will be wonderful to be able to enjoy the spring flowers and the roses.

Sitting periods are restricted to 30 min. but I will try to visit here when I can-----It is so nice to read about everyone's garden

Hope everyone is OK.
    Florence

thanks again

• carol_se_pa_6
    14 years ago

Hello Florence!
    I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well! I am sure it will all be worth it come spring and summer. Then I look forward to seeing you and Bob down on LBI.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    14 years ago

Hi Zeffy! I'm glad to hear you are doing well! It sounds like you have come a long way in three weeks...tomorrow, right? Please stay patient and don't rush yourself...by Spring, it will be us trying to keep up with you and your new freedom from pain :) I'm thinking of you! (((((hugs)))))

• zeffyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Maureen-----thank you so much for the lovely card-----my DD has an orange rescue cat so I think the kitty on the front probably looks like her cat when he was a baby.

I'm doing well----still have some pain but it is controlled with some mild pain meds--(I'm not crazy about taking pills but they do take the edge off)---I cut them in half and stretch out the space between dosage----

Maureen how sweet of you to remember----yes----today is three weeks since surgery----I'm doing quite well--the scar is healing-----we will see the Dr on the 4th of Mar.

We've been getting a lot of snow---I love being snowed in and whooppee I've been able to enjoy the Olympics---

Thanks again for all your healing thoughts

Love to all,

Florence

• petaloid
    14 years ago

You've made good progress, haven't you? I know you will bounce back in no time!

• karenforroses
    14 years ago

What great news! You're past your surgery and healing your way into spring. I was delighted to see your good news when I popped into the forum tonight. Take care and keep getting better every day.