Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jello Pudding

Posted by carla17 Z7 NC (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 27, 07 at 14:14

Has anyone tried the Jello sugar free pudding, either already made or box type? Which did you find tasty?
Anyone tried the sugar free jello and what flavor did you like? I heard the raspberry is good.

Thanks,
Carla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jello Pudding

Its all very tasty-really it is.Chocolate,butterscotch,banana cream-all the fruit flavors-Walmart brand good also.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 27, 07 at 20:06

My DH makes the Jello sugar free pudding. He likes it a lot. I sense a synthetic-sugar kind of aftertaste from it, so he gets to eat it all.

o

Sad to say I actually used to like the sugar free chocolate better than the cooked regular sugar but did get headaches from it ...I think the sugar free butterscotch tastes like medicine on the first bite

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 27, 07 at 23:59

Little different point of view, and Carla, you already know how opinionated I am....

But I don't do artificial sweeteners at all; I'd rather eat much less of the real thing. Now, if someone I was cooking for had a bad glucose test result like prediabetes or something like that, I might sing a different tune....

o

I've heard warnings regarding headaches, etc, too and really don't think one should indulge often in the artificials, truly. I don't get any symptoms but the safety is somewhat in question.

But the white chocolate was awesome if it were sugar-free [I'm sure it was but a long time ago]. I made a key-lime/white chocolate diet pie. YUMM. Freestyled the recipe, of course, so no clue whether I could make it again!

o

Thanks. Pete, I was ready to try them until the headache alerts came along. I use Equal and Splenda. When you take as many drugs as I do a simple headache is nothing. I do know that Eskimo brand makes good sugar free ice cream bars.

Carla

o

I like the sugar-free gelatin, but I don't like anything raspberry. I usually get mixed fruit, cherry or strawberry-banana, and there is a white grape that is pretty tasty too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here