Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ledaanne

Pete???

ledaanne
17 years ago

Has anyone heard anything from Pete?? The bad weather hit in his area last night. Sure hope he and Fran are O.K. I just heard that 19 were killed in Florida.

Leda

Comments (16)

• anntn6b
    17 years ago

Pete said he was up by Jacksonville, I think.
    The bad storms were in Lake County just northeast of Tampa, a far piece from Jacksonville.
    GW Rose Forums have other friends in that area and we'll hope that they all made it safely through the storms.

• pete41
    17 years ago

missed us-it was closer on Christmas day,only 2 miles away.
    Deland is a war zone.
    Its constantly windy here,now.
    Thanks for asking,I was wondering about you.

• pete41
    17 years ago

I am in Daytona-about 90 miles south of j-ville.
    deland-20 miles west really took a hit.

• ledaanne
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Pete!!! Glad you two came through the storm safely and I'm so glad you're back on the garden web. I missed ya!!

Leda

• User
    17 years ago

Sad I was just on line yeterday palying in a game rooms with a woman whos screen name is ladylake and thats where she lived hops shes OK

• kathwhit
    17 years ago

Ok, maybe I won't move there after all. Seems to be a lot of wind down that way (and I don't mean Pete!) Glad you're ok. Hope our other gardenweb friends are ok too.....Deb? Are you there?
    Kathy

• pete41
    17 years ago

We can't win for losing.The last Hurricane season was a non-event and every one was relieved.Suddenly tornadoes become a big factor.
    I had never heard of Lady Lake Florida until Yesterday.Someone on another forum mentioned she lived there.another woman mentioned she lived in the villages.Both places got clobbered last night.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    17 years ago

My stepsister and other members of my stepfather's family are in Deland, and his sisters are in Deleon Springs. Tense times this morning until everyone checked in, but there still might be some distant family members that we don't yet know about who could have been affected.

Glad to hear that you're OK Pete.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    17 years ago

I'm glad everyone seems to be OK, but I don't know how far from Pete Deb is located...has anyone heard from her?

I can't imagine how facing that kind of storm in darkness - unable to see what was happening - would have felt, the winds we've had here this winter were bad enough but still nothing like that. It must have been terrifying.

• anntn6b
    17 years ago

Good to be posting while Pete was typing. Glad you are OK.

Deb is up on the panhandle of Florida. Sigh of relief.

• debnfla8b
    17 years ago

That tornado missed me. Yesterday we had some about half a mile away but it only took down some trees. Nothing like what happened farther south. This is just so scary!!!

Why does the tornado's seem to hit at night???
    Thanks for asking about me!!!

Deb :o))

• ledaanne
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Deb, I'm glad ya'll made it through the storms safely, I miss hearing from you too! come to the Garden Web more often and let us know what's going on in your life!!

Leda

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    17 years ago

I'm so glad y'all are OK!

I still have nightmares of being snatched to the basement at night as a kid in Illinois cos of tornados, Deb. Night tornados have got to be about the scariest things around!

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    17 years ago

I'm glad you are OK Pete. It would have been so unfair. You had finally returned to us and then, just a few days later, been blown out to sea!

• pete41
    17 years ago

Florida is a long state and in 2 time zones.Bout like D.C. to Boston and Philly to Pittsburg.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    17 years ago

Any chance the tornadoes wiped the chili thrips that blew in on an earlier hurricane? LOL

Seriously, glad you Florida posters are OK. The suffering and destruction looks rather formidable on TV.

Kate