Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoovb

Teddy-Bear is at the Rainbow Bridge now

Teddy-Bear is at the Rainbow Bridge now. Now there is no more pain. Now he can run and play again.

{{gwi:202502}}

Comments (17)

• michaelalreadytaken
    17 years ago

I'm sorry Hoov.

MichaelAT

• moodyblue
    17 years ago

This is always so very sad. I am sorry Hoov my thoughts are with you. But your beautiful dog is at peace and free of pain.
    Pauline - Vancouver Island

• moodyblue
    17 years ago

This is always so very sad. I am sorry Hoov my thoughts are with you. But your beautiful dog is at peace and free of pain.
    Pauline - Vancouver Island

• User
    17 years ago

I'm sorry what a pretty baby!

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

My thoughts are with you. I understand how painful it can be to lose a pet.
    What a beautiful puppy.

Florence

• carla17
    17 years ago

Hoov, I am sorry. What a beautiful baby.

Carla

• michelle_co
    17 years ago

I am sorry about your loss, Hoov.

HUGS,
    Michelle

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    17 years ago

Losing a hound companion is tough. I think that was the only time anyone ever saw me cry in public.

• kathwhit
    17 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss, Hoov. There is nothing like the pain of a beloved pet dying. My thoughts are with you.
    Kathy

• melva
    17 years ago

They just do not live long enough...you will be in my thoughts....I have been where you are, and I am very sorry for your loss.

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Hoov - I"m so sorry you lost your beautiful dog. Your in my thoughts. Glad that teddy-bear is out of pain and having fun running around:-)

Maureen

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    17 years ago

He was a handsome fellow indeed. I am so sorry for your loss.

Anne

• msjean
    17 years ago

So very sorry .
    I know how this feels.....he and you were lucky to have been together for so long....and you will be together again.

• theroselvr
    17 years ago

Very sorry Hoov. He looks like he was a lovable guy

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    17 years ago

He is so gorgeous. I remember your apprehension that this time would come, and I wish you peace and the best of memories. He is certainly without pain, and in great company now. A piece of my heart gets taken every time a loved one goes - furbabies definitely included - but all the pieces will join again one day. It's worth it to enjoy the time we do have with them, I think... but I'm so sorry for your loss.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you to you all for the kind wishes. It has been just awful. He'd been unable to walk without his wheelchair for the past few months and I spent just about all my time caring for him. I miss him terribly.

Back when he was well, we would turn the lawn sprinklers on for him and he used to run around the grass biting the sprinklers, getting soaking wet. He barked in his sleep. He would sneak into the strawberry patch and eat the strawberries off of the plants. He would come to me after he ate his dinner, get right into my face and burp. On summer nights we would turn on his fan and he would lay right in front of it. One time I forgot to turn it on and he barked at me.

If I was petting Hoover instead of him, he would glare at me and sigh loudly. He loved stuffed toys and he would collect them all and put them in his bed. Sometimes his bed would be so full of toys he couldn't get into bed. He was so much a part of every single day, he brought such joy and laughter and asked for nothing but a good dinner. It didn't even have to be that good of a dinner as long as he thought it was larger than Hoover's dinner.

• carla17
    17 years ago

As difficult as it is for you, I enjoy hearing about his personality. I have an older dog and I dread what the future holds for him. I can sense your loss in your words and even though it is sad, you do have some good memories, hold onto them.

((Teddy-Bear))