Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photos for Butterfly lovers!

Posted by celestialrose zone 4/NH (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 08 at 18:00

Hi everybody....
I am in the midst of winter, with a snowstorm coming every other day, looking out upon 4 feet of snow here on the mountain and in need of inspiration.....so my son and I took a road trip on our days off and went to a wonderful place in Massachusetts called "Magic Wings". It is a huge glass conservatory filled with flowering trees and thousands of butterflies from around the world, and for a few hours we felt like we were in another world. It was warm and sunny in there, like a tropical rainforest, and literally thousands of butterflies floated and swooped about, some even landing on us!

So for those of you who love butterflies as much as I do, here are some photographs to brighten up your winter too.

Celeste

butterfly feeder

Photobucket

Photobucket

(this one may be X-rated.....)

mating

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THIS ONE MADE A PRETTY COOL EYE-PATCH!

my buddy

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photos for Butterfly lovers!

Thank you Celeste, they are really interesting. The last one looks like it has eyes on it. Blue one is beautiful. I hope you are doing ok, you've been in my thoughts.

Carla

o

They're lovely Celeste. Audubon Zoo has? had? a similar exhibit so I know just how wonnerful it feels.

Road trips are so much fun!

I need one!

MichaelAT

o

Celeste: Thanks for posting those wonderful pictures. It must have been a magical place to visit.
Kathy

o

Thanks for posting these great pics. It must have a very interesting place to visit.

o

What a delight! So many beautiful colors and patterns. Thanks so much for posting these lovely pictures.

Ingrid

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here