Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My wonderful husband

Posted by sammy OK/7A (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 7, 07 at 21:44

We have a new little puppy, Blaze. He is 4 months old, and is a golden just like his big brother. They love to go out in the yard, dig in the mud, then run in and show us how black their legs can get. I think that they lick each other or the older dog licks the puppy. Anyway, the puppy smelled bad, and we had Puppy Kindergarten on Monday night, and I didn't want Blaze to stink.

I asked my husband if he would sort of clean his fur. I said he didn't need a bath, but maybe he could brush him well or take a wet wash cloth over his fur.

When I came home, my husband had the perfect solution. He was going to spray him with Febreze. I stared at him waiting for him to laugh or say he was joking. He said it worked on furniture, and it ought to work on Blaze. I could just laugh. I explained to him that the older dog and Blaze would eat the Frebreze, and he could never get Blaze to hold still to get sprayed. I said to just wash him off with a cloth. So he went to the Pet Store, and got a spray intended to be sprayed on dogs that smelled like Baby Powder. It was the worst smelling stuff I had ever smelled. We agreed to never never never spray Blaze.

This was so funny that I had to share it. I am sure that my husband would not have gone too far, and he had already worried about protecting his eyes. But he really was trying to be helpful. Blaze weighs 45 pounds, so is not too small and fragile.

Febreze!

Sammy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My wonderful husband

LOL, tell him febreze has crossed my mind on more than one occassion! I'm sure you were very nice and didn't laugh too hard when you told him chemicals don't go with puppies ;]

o

Freddy sure could use some Frebreeze. After he has been to the neighbor's horse droppings esp. And since he eats them, he could use some Listerine too.
Kathy

o

I see this as another man-bashing thread.

o

Ooops, forgot, Harry:

Poster meredith_e does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in any postings, services, or activities, in access to them, or in any aspect of their operations. This notice is provided as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990. Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding these laws maybe forwarded to the designated compliance coordinator.

o

snarfle!!

o

Ever been to a Disney park in the heat of summer....standing for an hour next to some sweaty tourist as you wait to ride a 8 minute kiddie ride....I say Febreeze for all!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here