Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

My wonderful husband

sammy zone 7 Tulsa
17 years ago

We have a new little puppy, Blaze. He is 4 months old, and is a golden just like his big brother. They love to go out in the yard, dig in the mud, then run in and show us how black their legs can get. I think that they lick each other or the older dog licks the puppy. Anyway, the puppy smelled bad, and we had Puppy Kindergarten on Monday night, and I didn't want Blaze to stink.

I asked my husband if he would sort of clean his fur. I said he didn't need a bath, but maybe he could brush him well or take a wet wash cloth over his fur.

When I came home, my husband had the perfect solution. He was going to spray him with Febreze. I stared at him waiting for him to laugh or say he was joking. He said it worked on furniture, and it ought to work on Blaze. I could just laugh. I explained to him that the older dog and Blaze would eat the Frebreze, and he could never get Blaze to hold still to get sprayed. I said to just wash him off with a cloth. So he went to the Pet Store, and got a spray intended to be sprayed on dogs that smelled like Baby Powder. It was the worst smelling stuff I had ever smelled. We agreed to never never never spray Blaze.

This was so funny that I had to share it. I am sure that my husband would not have gone too far, and he had already worried about protecting his eyes. But he really was trying to be helpful. Blaze weighs 45 pounds, so is not too small and fragile.

Febreze!

Sammy

Comments (6)