Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (7)

• pete41
    17 years ago

Very sad Michael but its gotten just as bad in the Orlando area.The tourist bureau is desperately trying to hush it up but we get their local news and its a war zone.Almost a murder a day,house invasion is common as is car jacking.

• carla17
    17 years ago

Doesn't surprise me. I heard on the news that State Farm insurance is doing something bad in MS. Don't remember but canceling policies or something. It was announced that SF had an increase that year of something like 3.2 billion.

Carla

• anntn6b
    17 years ago

All in all a rather kind article.

The sixty days in the slammer per murder are now being referred to as misdemeanor murders.
    The kid who came back from Dallas and within four hours of his arrival, got in to a fist fight, won the fist fight and was murdered by the kid he fought (who had gone home, told his Mother who gave him a handgun and told him to go and get even.) Both Mother and son are now in jail.

It used to be PK that police wouldn't even come out for burglary reports if the burglar had gone, they'd just give a case number over the phone; nice to read that they are coming out now.

Our friends still there ....some don't read the newspaper and avoid TV and radio news. Denial is more than a river in Egypt.

• anntn6b
    17 years ago

When I went to the NOLA website, the greeting headline read "nine shot two slain" in separate incidents, "over 150 rounds fired".
    Dang.

Here is a link that might be useful: NOLA

• michaelalreadytaken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I could see, and understand, people staying before Katrina. Lives and routines were established.

One of the reasons I hadn't already moved out here was that I very much still wanted to move down there--before Katrina--along with indecision, yada, yada, yada.

It all just seems so pointless now.

Pete,

I'm sorry to hear about Orlando. I didn't know that was going on down there. OTOH, I'm happy to hear about you and the wife's health changes. I've made a few of my own in the past few months. LOTS more fruit, more veggies, and water, plus NO CAFFEINE--the results have been really good for me in a number of ways and I hope they last.

MichaelAT

• paparoseman
    17 years ago

It seems that there is no need to go to the other side of the world when there is a city right here just as bad in some ways. You would think that people that did not have a job or much money before Katrina would not go back when things are much worse as far as jobs and livable housing. But there they are no job, no way to get ahead only crime or hide from same.

Then the mayor comes out and says that more money needs to be sent in to rebuild the city followed by a story of aid being given to people who either did not live in the city during the storm or applying for aid from another persons address.

Lance

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

That is really sad Michael.