o
RE: Spring Continues To Spring

Beautiful Tiger - beautiful

o

Yum still a month away here

o

Wow. That was a visual kick in the head. Wonderful photos.

o

Gawgeous!

o

Beautiful Michael. But cruel when presented to a sad sack who needed over 2 hours to drive to work yesterday in a driving snowstorm. My neck still hurts from the cringing.

o

Thanks Michael for posting the pic. It is just what the rest of us needed to get our minds off of this last little bit of winter.

I can't speak for the others but I'm ready for spring. In particular I can't waite until the District's Yoshino cherry trees burst into action. Thank heavens they are only a couple of weeks away. The buds are this beautiful shade of blush and open soft white. After the Yoshinos the pinker Kwanzan cherries put on a show. During this time the whole city and surrounding area takes on a rosy glow. That combined with the unique layout of the District and each March/April it is like Springtime in Paris, only in the United States.

BTW, my favorites are the weeping cherries.

Image of KWANZAN cherry by asternut at Hortiplex

o

Beautiful photos but then you're on that other coast. We have two big Kwanzans here and I love them. We need a rep in DC to show the cherry trees.

Carla

o

Below is a link to the National Park Servic cherry blossom page. Lots and lots of good info for those who appreciate these spectacular trees. Another good site is the National Cherry Blossom Festival (http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/cms/index.php?id=390)

Here is a link that might be useful: Cherry Blossom Page

o

Thank you guys! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos.

Harry, hang in there, it won't be long--and don't be upset (I know you really aren't.)

I have no idea of what these trees are. I can tell you that the fragrance was overwhelming--like someone had put on too much perfume inside a closed space.

Once you leave the city limits here the countryside is largely orchards of all types as you head east and north.

Michael

o
California Produce

Perhaps flowering Olive? California is also a major producer of almonds. Heck they are a major producer of apples, oranges, pears, peaches...

Land of Fruits and Nuts. LOL!

o

How about a Kwanzan with azaleas below? A little pink snow seems better than the gray stuff I see out my window today.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here