Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring Is Springing

Posted by michaelalreadytaken No Cal (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 07 at 5:58

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring Is Springing

very pretty! I keep meaning to take some pix of my flowers - could this be the year??? I have daffy's, camellias, azaleas and snowflakes blooming currently - oh, and my forsythia is sending out it's last hurrah!

o

We just have the crocus here, but they are wonderful. In about two weeks we will have the combined blooming of the daffodils and the flowering plums. I love the combination of pink and yellow. And of course green. We aren't called the Emerald Valley for nothing! I just hope spring comes soon. Seems like it has been cold and rainy here forever. Thanks for the picture of hope Michael!
Kathy

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 2, 07 at 12:29

Michael, very pretty. I don't have a lot of bulbs (something to do with that annoying persistent foliage when the flowers have gone by) - but I do have hyacinths and fritillaria coming up. Hellebores, hepatica, daphne blooming, but overall, my soil (clay) is wet for doing much gardening.

Kathy, Wednesday I opened my eyes in the morning to big fat snowflakes on the skylights over my bed. Today it's pouring buckets of rain and 39o. I have a box of hellebores, epimedium, and a 3' fuchsia magellanica I'm taking to my brothers in Portland tomorrow and had wanted to plant them for him, not leave them in the pots - better pack my raingear.

o

Thanks guys!

I took these at an old cemetery alongside Pacific Coast Highway in Mendocino County.

For anyone that's interested, there's more at: Photos
although they aren't flower photos.

o

That is a beautiful meadow! I have a planter of little Tete a Tete daffs blooming that look like I was sent a spring bouquet.

The Redbuds are blooming all over town now! Not long till the real deal then :)

o

Michael-wonderful photography. Good reading too.

o

Sure is. As I left for work it was eleven degrees with a 30mph wind. I springed out the door and into the car as fast as I could. It is 58 degrees in my office right now. When the wind blows, my closet door flys open. Thank the Lord I have an east facing window because the sunlight is the only reason its above freezing in here.

o

It all sounds a tad cool Harry. Brrr.

Don't think I could hang.

Michael

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here