Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

Tornadoes

sammy zone 7 Tulsa
17 years ago

Hey all of you in Georgia, and other states, are you safe? I hope the storms have not hurt you or your families. Do any of you live near the school in Georgia that was hit by a tornado? This is such a tragedy. We try to eat right, take care of ourselves, use seat belts, and buckle in our kids, then have a school be struck by a tornado.

I hope you check in if you are near these storms.I think the school is in Georgia, but there is devastation in other states too.

Sammy

Comments (7)

• cardinal_in_the_snow
    17 years ago

Hi Sammy! Tis the Season. I hope everyone is okay.

I heard the tornado siren test go off last Monday for the first time this season. Woke me up from a sound sleep and I turned on the news looking for weather updates until I realized what was going on. Made it hard to go back to sleep, and was fuzzy headed all night at work!
    Sheryl

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    17 years ago

Prayers for everyone in the hardest-hit areas. We had a scary night last night but no real tornados... it is still going through the rest of NC and other states.

Many large branches to remove as I look out the window, but no booms so the strutures will still be up.

It is unfortunately too common in many parts :(

• teacup754
    17 years ago

My parents live in Enterprise AL. That was where the high school was destroyed.They are fine, the house is fine, they have electricity etc.It was so odd to see their tiny town's name on the news.The damage seems to be confined to the area around the school, so the rest of the town is mostly OK and able to help clean up etc..Al Roker from NBC was speaking to someone and they asked how many were homeless now. he said that was hard to tell because many were taken in by family or friends in the area.It was scary until I could reach them by phone. Their land line was always busy and I finally got through on their cell. They said they didn't lose service, just had everyone from all over the country calling to check on them....

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The last I heard was that they were still looking for children or young people missing in the school. Has everyone been accounted for now?

I am at my school writing this, and I find it terrifying. I am looking at 25 kids who are 16 years old who feel relatively safe in the building.

Those kids injured or killed did exactly what they were always told to do during a drill, but they were not that safe from a tornado.

Sammy

• theroselvr
    17 years ago

My friends house was taken out by the tornado in Enterprise. He & his son were in the house at the time but luckily made it out alive.

My heart goes out to everyone.

17 years ago

Oh, my! So glad everyone is safe for y'all.

In jr high in TN, we were in a tornado touchdown area at our school - pitiful surroundings compared to Mother Nature - and the college just up the road was levelled. Fortunately, those students had cars and had been evacuated. Our gym [empty] got hit, but not the school proper, thank God.

A roll of the dice, tornado destruction.

17 years ago

Oh, my! So glad everyone is safe for y'all.

In jr high in TN, we were in a tornado touchdown area at our school - pitiful surroundings compared to Mother Nature - and the college just up the road was levelled. Fortunately, those students had cars and had been evacuated. Our gym [empty] got hit, but not the school proper, thank God.

A roll of the dice, tornado destruction.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor