Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
morning musings...

Posted by pagan 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 07 at 8:18

Good morning all! Watching Max the Moo whine around the house cus he has a bit of a treat left that he wants to bury... he hides it in various and sundry places, using his little nose in a vain attempt to cover it with debris - not a lot of that around the house - he has better luck outside. Then he lays down to admire his work and keep an eye on his goodie. After a few minutes, he gets up and hides it again... this entails much walking around the house and whimpering while he tries to find the perfect location. Sometimes this performance can last for an hour or more... when he finally settles down to eat the treat, he will usually gnaw away some of it from one position, then get up, turn around and dig in from the other direction. Interesting to see the vestiges of the wild left in my domestic boy...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: morning musings...

Bonnie the wonderdawg found part of an articulated deer carcass in the woods. All that is still around are three pairs of leg bones.
And the old dawg is like a puppy with a toy. And we're getting a sort of bone meal in various and sundry places.

o
RE: morning musings...

LOL, I can just picture Max the Moo. I love that!

I love watching my guys find things to take to their hidy-places, or dangle them and pretend to start to run away to entice someone to chase them.

My favorite recently is Kyta the Jindo [primitive Korean breed] realizing that he enjoys protecting the food... you know, that can of Pringles on the side table like in ancient Asia ;]

He takes great pains to not let anyone get within 3 feet of it without his low rumble-warning... and seriously waggy tail :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here