Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pagan_gw

monday monday

pagan
17 years ago

Good morning ya'll! happy monday! hope the weekend went well for everybody. max the Moo and I layed low - didn't do much. OK, I DID plant one rose yesterday! Nahema went into the ground without a struggle - no pain, no pills!! I think she will like it there...

Comments (4)

• anniesbriars
    17 years ago

Happy Monday : ) Decent weather this weekend so I was able to dig up half a dozen young teas from my old garden and bring them to the new house. I was hoping to grab a few more but so many of them GREW when I wasn't looking. Oh well there's always cuttings. I also managed to grab a few large clumps of favorite daylilies. The thing is when you start looking at what to take what not to take it's hard not to want to move the entire garden with you lol.

Annie

• carla17
    17 years ago

Good morning Pagan,
    Annie, if you see this again, I would be happy to send you some daylilies.

Carla

• jody
    17 years ago

So happy to hear you were able to plant a rose bush without pain and without pills. Just don't overdo.

Went to the wholesale shrub nursery - 6 gardenias; 1 Star magnolia, 1 flowering quince (funny the things I miss), 1 Miss Kim lilac, 1 Longwood Blue caryopteris.

I planted 12 gardenias - well actually I dug up six and moved them and added 6. I had planted 12 small ones across the front of the house last year - 3 each under each of the soon (I hope) to be erected arches for the climbing roses. Its not winter that kills gardenias it is big guys with big feet and a bag of 10-10-10. The ones left had increased in size enough that they are pretty safe from big feet, so I bought larger bushes and am trying again.

Other than that I pruned a bit and dug up onions (we have such a crop this year) and watched the bluebird Mr. and Mrs. fly in and out of their house (our first bluebirds).

Went to see 300 and then caught the special on the History channel.

Nice weekend if a bit cold and windy here. With daylight savings time I can get in an hour after work most days.

• kathwhit
    17 years ago

I had such a nice weekend. On Sat. I watched March Madness BBall games and in between did a bunch of weeding and dividing and transplanting and mowed the lawn/field. We took Freddy to the lake for a swim and he was so happy. On Sunday, I watched more BBall and got groceries and did a good housecleaning and made calzone and went and played music with the boyz for a couple of hours. So my weekend contained lots of my fav things....gardening, playing with the dog, sports, eating, and playing music. Can't ask for more than that.
    Have a great week everyone. Only one week until spring break.
    Kathy